Saturday, January 3, 2015

We've made it 3 days!!!!!!

Congratulations!  You're working your plan, making small choices that will add up to big results, trying new recipes and foods, eating healthier snacks, working out...so many things.  Congratulations!  Keep telling yourself you're worth it, you deserve this, you're worth it.  Yes, I repeated that worth it part.  Keep remembering that.

I had a deep thought, felt like I was on an old SNL skit, today while cooking.  I did the big WW diet program and lost a lot of weight, in 2004.  I remember feeling like I was in a fish bowl, everything I ate was looked at, scrutinized.  Many people I knew acted threatened by my healthy choices, I didn't know how to handle that then.  I realized today, that many may think I am trying to be better than them, I'm just trying to be better.  I'm trying to be well.

I made The Pioneer Woman's shrimp curry recipe last night, just made it Paleo by using coconut oil instead of butter.  I had half as much shrimp as I needed, so I had extra "broth".  I used that today, combined with a can of pumpkin, homemade broth using veggie scraps and shrimp peels, lime juice, shiracha I always spell this wrong), cayenne, onion and garlic.  I heated it up tonight with freshly peeled shrimp, until they were cooked.  I topped it with freshly torn cilantro.  Yum!!!!!!!!




And, I finally took my public before picture...dun dun dun!!!!!!!!


Keep workin' your plan, you got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment