Thursday, January 8, 2015

Stop shoulding and coulding on yourself

"Start offering your "should" police a day off here and there and get ready to meet someone you may never have known." Nancy Colier

My mind has been racing the last day or so, thinking why the hell didn't I try this eating thing in the last 4 years.  I have tried, but not with much success.  I did go gluten free, as soon as I was told to do so.  I thought that was enough.  I worked on counting my carbs to get rid of my diabetes.  That did work for a bit but my body got sick again.  

I feel so great, I could have had this sooner.  I feel so healthy, I could have had that sooner.  I should have eaten healthier sooner.  I would've felt better sooner...

See, once that train of thought is boarded, it takes off down the tracks to negative thinking ville.

So, today I am resolving to look at this differently.  I am doing this, I am feeling great, my body is healing, I am eating amazing food and know every ingredient that goes into it, and I am making changes that are going to last.  If I had tried this right after getting sick in 2011, I likely would not have stuck with it.  I had to experience what I have experienced in order to understand the gravity and weight of these choices.  There had to be a psychic shift in my thinking, which has happened.

In December of 2014, I went to the Cleveland Clinic for diagnostic testing.  I realized that if I was sick enough to go there, I was sick.  That was the big motivator to make changes.  At 38, I did NOT want that life to be my life.  I hopefully have another 40 years or more, I will NOT be sick during those years.  I'll always have to stay vigilant on my food choices, but I will GET better.  I will be healthy.

The article that contains the above quote is here: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/inviting-monkey-tea/201304/stop-shoulding-yourself-death-0.  Take a few momnts to read it, it might just help you.

Ask yourself, "What do I want?"  Tell yourself, "I am worth not shoulding on myself."

Keep workin' your plan, you got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment