Wednesday, January 21, 2015

106!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's gettin' hot in here!  ;)  No, I don't have a killer temp, that's my blood sugar this morning!  Yesterday it was 109!  This is without meds, and all through food and lifestyle.  To say I am excited would be an understatement.  I am ECSTATIC!

I had a follow up appointment with my rheumatologist this morning to get the results of my lip biopsy.  She was testing for Sjogrens disease, which would explain a lot of my symptoms over the past four years.  The biopsy could show the disease, but the antibodies do not.  I have symptoms that show it too, but again the antibodies do not.  Yes I would like to name what is wrong inside, but I am changing my body through food and lifestyle.  So, I can accept that I might have it, and I am okay with that.  The diagnosis doesn't matter anymore.  What matters is getting well.

My doc suggested I follow the Paleo diet, as there is anecdotal evidence it can help an individual such as myself, with my degree of illness.  How cool is it that a doc doesn't shove a pill, but instead suggests to heal through diet?!?!  She's a keeper!

I am seeing little signs of change, sometimes big signs!  I bought a half gallon of apple cider from a local orchard last week.  It's still in my fridge, partially consumed.  I have always loved this cider and would have been able to drink a gallon in a few days, just by myself.  I did not turn into the big yellow M to get a regular Coke the other day (I was driving home from having a cat put to sleep and was in tears).  I am not snacking near as much as I was 20 days ago.  I am eating enough to fuel my body.  I am increasing my daily steps. ... I could go on.

The old addage is it takes 21 days to solidify a habit.  There is new evidence that it takes longer than that.  If the old addage is true, then I am good to go!  Today is Day 21 of my Whole30!  Yeah baby!!!!!!!

Here is my lunch the other day.  So yummy!  Fresh field greens )locally grown), grapes, macadamia nuts, avocado and homemade balsamic dressing.  I couldn't even finish it.  In years past, I would eat dinner plate salads, full of veggies, fruit, cheese and meat.  The topping to lettuce ratio was insane.  The full fat ranch (Hidden Valley of course) to topping ratio was insane!  You get where I'm going, right?  This is proof of change.  I need a much smaller amount of food to satisfy and fuel, because I am eating the right foods to fuel my body.  I'm getting the nutrients needed, so my body isn't craving foods, sending signals to keep eating.

Yeah, I am a new person, but a greater version of myself!

Keep workin' your plan, you got this!

Meg



No comments:

Post a Comment