Friday, January 23, 2015

Can a walk fix anything?

I learned today that my favorite tea, Sweet & Spicy by Good Earth, contains Stevia.  Stevia is not allowed on Paleo, and it has always given my body fits anyway.  I savor each package of their tea, as it is over $4 for about 20 bags.  While I will be saving money, I am already missing the tea.

I was so bummed (I know, grow up Meg it's just tea), I had to do something.  I immediately craved a pop or something sweet.  See, cravings aren't about food, they're emotions.  I went for a walk on my 15 minute break.  It's a cool 30° here in Indy, so it was a chilly walk, especially since I didn't have a hat, gloves, scarf or coat.  I just wore a fleece pullover today.  It felt great.  My foot is twinging due to post-surgical swelling, but it felt better the more I moved.  I walked about 13 minutes, but I walked.  I came back and had a clementine.  I was satisfied.  I'm still missing the tea, it's soooooooo dang good.

I can thank a fellow foster cat mom, Cathy, for the nudge.  I met her today while we were both dropping off kittens for adoption.  We were both near tears, it's always the hardest part of fostering, but she reminded me to get my steps.  I saw my health coach on the 14th, I committed to an average of 4000 steps a day.  I'm now over 5000 a day on average!  Nothing feels better than hitting goals you've set for yourself, and surpassing them!

What goal(s) do you have for yourself?
What can you do to meet this?
Have you considered if your goal is achievable?
How can I help you meet your goal?

Get out and move!  Cool air feels great when you move, you don't get as overheated.

Keep workin' your plan, you got this!

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment